Lightsource Labs Holdings Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 08760287 and registered office at 7th Floor 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT, trading as Tribe (Tribe) warrants that your Tribe Hub will operate in accordance with its published specifications for a period of two 2 years after the installation of the Tribe Hub, as evidenced by the date on your invoice from a Registered Installer.
This Tribe Hub warranty is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. It provides separate rights to those provided by consumer law. Please see “other rights you might have” at section 6 below for further information.
WHERE DOES THE TRIBE HUB WARRANTY APPLY?
This Tribe Hub warranty applies if you are a consumer and you purchased your Tribe Hub in the UK.
AUTHORISED CHANNEL PARTNERS AND REGISTERED INSTALLERS
You can rely on this Tribe Hub warranty if:
- you purchased your Tribe Hub from Tribe directly or through an authorised Channel Partner; and
- you hold an active subscription to the Tribe Energy Management System.
If any of the above is not satisfied, you will not be able to rely on this Tribe Hub warranty.
TRIBE HUB ONLY
This warranty applies to your Tribe Hub only. Tribe does not provide any warranty in relation to installation of your Tribe Hub.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
If you believe your Tribe Hub is defective, you may contact Tribe using the details below in section 8. If Tribe determines that your Tribe Hub requires replacement, a Replacement Authorisation (RA) will be issued. No Tribe Hub will be accepted as defective without the issuance of an RA.
An RA will only be issued under the following conditions:
- you have contacted Tribe and outlined your concerns with your Tribe Hub;
- a specific issue has been identified with your Tribe Hub such that your Tribe Hub is not functioning in accordance with its published specifications;
- either you or a Registered Installer has tried the best you or they can to troubleshoot any installation problems; and
- a Tribe support representative has confirmed in writing that there is a possible defect.
Once an RA is issued, a Tribe support representative or a Registered Installer will visit your premises to physically inspect your Tribe Hub. At this time, the Tribe support representative or Registered Installer will make an assessment and either fix or replace your Tribe Hub. Any repair or replacement under warranty will be at no charge to you.
A replacement Tribe Hub may be new or reconditioned.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
The Tribe Hub is intended to enable you to monitor the energy generated by solar panels, manage smart appliances, and schedule the charging of electric vehicles. You cannot use this warranty if your Tribe Hub is:
- damaged by an extraneous cause such as fire, water, lightning, electrical surge etc.;
- accidentally or intentionally misused, mishandled, abused or neglected;
- not purchased from Tribe directly or from an authorised Channel Partner;
- not maintained in accordance with the accompanying documentation;
- modified by someone other than Tribe or an approved representative of Tribe;
- repaired or serviced by someone other than Tribe or an approved representative of Tribe; or
- used in a manner or for a purpose for which the Tribe Hub was not intended.
If, at any time following issue of an RA, we determine that your warranty is void due to one or more of the reasons outlined above, we may charge you a reasonable fee in respect of any work by us to fix or replace your Tribe Hub, if you ask us to do so.
OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE
The benefits given to you in this warranty are in addition to any other legal rights and remedies you have under consumer law and other laws. This Tribe Hub warranty does not restrict your legal rights. You may have legal rights if your Tribe Hub is defective, not fit for purpose, not of satisfactory quality or not as described. For example you may be entitled to a replacement or refund from the seller that you bought the Tribe Hub from. For further information about your legal rights please contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
You have the right to choose whether to use this Tribe Hub warranty or whether you want to rely on your other legal rights.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
If we fail to comply with this warranty, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this warranty or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time this warranty was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products; or for defective products.
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply this warranty for the Tribe Hub for domestic and private use. If you use the Tribe Hub for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR PRIVACY
Please contact us using any of the following methods:
Post: Lightsource Labs Holdings Ltd, 7th Floor 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT